Probably one of the most challenging parts of planning children’s parties is the menu. We want to make sure the kids are enjoying what they eat, but at the same time we want food that is healthy and nourishing to our growing little ones. We’ve compiled a few healthy kid friendly menu ideas that everyone will love.
Every kid’s party menu needs loads of snacks that they can quickly munch on and get back to the party’s activities. Try some of these awesome options:
- Grape Poppers: This quick and easy recipe consists of grapes, white chocolate, and cashews.
- Fresh Fruit Pops: All you need is some of your favorite fruits and refreshing coconut water.
- Baked Chips/Fries: Kids love crunchy potato chips and French fries, but greasy fried foods aren’t the healthiest option. Choose from one of these 25 baked alternatives. Our favorites are the carrot fries and baked pickles.
Instead of fizzy sodas and juices filled with processed sugars make party drinks hydrating, healthy and fun!
- Smoothies: Make it an activity that the kids will enjoy by having them make their very own with the ingredients they want. Choose from one of the recipes below or come up with your creations following these smoothie making guidelines.
- Tropical Green Smoothie: Using spinach gives it its color and added nutrients, but has a mild taste that fruit can easily cover up. Use a play on words to get the kids to want to drink it even more. Call it the “Hulk Smoothie”, “Monster Fuel”, “Dinosaur Juice”, or whatever creative idea comes to mind.
- Mango Strawberry Smoothie: A perfect drink for any princess party.
- Lemonade: A simple mix of organic lemons and water. To sweeten it, use honey, agave or another natural sweetener.
- Coconut water: A healthy alternative that’s great to grab and rehydrate before getting right back to the festivities.
We have a couple great ideas for the main course that will set your party apart by putting a healthy spin on traditional party foods.
- Grilled Zucchini Pizza: Use all organic ingredients, and you can always substitute out pepperoni for chicken or more veggies. These little pizzas are sure to be a hit!
- Turkey burgers: Switch out beef for a lean protein like turkey. For the bun use lettuce, tomatoes, or try whole wheat or gluten free buns.
Indulging a little on the birthday cake is okay; after all it is a birthday! But for other desserts there are tons of healthy sweets you don’t have to feel guilty about giving your kids. You can even have a little yourself without guilt!
- Raw Brownie Bites: Healthy, vegan, and delicious!
- Frozen Yogurt Bites: This recipe is peanut butter chocolate chip goodness! The kids can have a handful without moms worrying about the crash and burn from a sugar rush.
- Try these other clean sweet treats by The Gracious Pantry for even more options.
Now that your party menu planning is complete, you can focus on the rest of the party. Don’t pull your hair out just yet; we’re making the rest of your party planning simple too! The Merry Love Joy Company delivers your personalized party in a package right to your doorstep!